[Libvir] The fist problem to compile libvirt in a Debian etch.

Marco Sinhoreli msinhore at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:09:04 UTC 2007

Hello guys,

To finish the libvirt compilation, I've commented:

file: libvirt/configure:
#elif test "z$with_libxml" = "z" -a "z$PKG_CONFIG_ENABLED" = "zyes" ; then
#    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBXML, libxml-2.0 >= $LIBXML_MIN_VERSION,
#       LIBXML_FOUND=yes,
#       LIBXML_FOUND=no)

I know that the libxml in my system is in correct version. the var
LIBXML_MIN_VERSION in configure script is set to "2.5.0". This is the
version in my system:
# dpkg -l | grep libxml2
ii  libxml2                2.6.27.dfsg-1                   GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dev            2.6.27.dfsg-1                   Development files
for the GNOME XML library

file: libvirt/tests/xencapstest.c
  /*  if (!(actualxml = xenHypervisorMakeCapabilitiesXML(NULL, hostmachine,
fp1, fp2)))
      goto fail;*/

In libvirt/tests/xencapstest.c, I don't know if comment it is correct.
Any idea? I do it correctly? this test is important to libvirt?

This is the return error if I not comment the conditional 'if' in
libvirt/tests/xencapstest.c:

gcc -fno-stack-protector -o xencapstest xencapstest.o
testutils.o../src/.libs/libvirt_la-
conf.o ../src/.libs/libvirt_la-hash.o
../src/.libs/libvirt_la-libvirt.o../src/.libs/libvirt_la-proxy_internal.o
../src/.libs/libvirt_la-qemu_internal.o
../src/.libs/libvirt_la-sexpr.o../src/.libs/libvirt_la-
test.o ../src/.libs/libvirt_la-virterror.o../src/.libs/libvirt_la-xend_internal.o
../src/.libs/libvirt_la-xen_internal.o ../src/.libs/libvirt_la-xen_unified.o
../src/.libs/libvirt_la-xm_internal.o
../src/.libs/libvirt_la-xml.o../src/.libs/libvirt_la-xs_internal.o
-L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libxml2.so
xencapstest.o: In function `testCompareFiles':
xencapstest.c:(.text+0xb4): undefined reference to
`xenHypervisorMakeCapabilitiesXML'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: ** [xencapstest] Erro 1

regards