[Libvir] build problems with latest cvs version

Jan Michael jan.michael at cern.ch
Fri May 4 15:50:34 UTC 2007

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> That's odd - I was expecting you were going to say you were running
> something more ancient.
>
> Next question then :-)
>
> What happens if you do:
>
> $ grep SIOCBRADDBR /usr/include/linux/sockios.h
>
> for me:
>
> #define SIOCBRADDBR     0x89a0          /* create new bridge
> device     */

Well ... the following:

<command>
[xxxxxxxx at xenmachine libvirt]# grep SIOCBRADDBR /usr/include/linux/
sockios.h
[xxxxxxxx at xenmachine libvirt]#
</command>

I think you expected at least something like that:

<stuff>
#define SIOCBRADDBR     0x89a0          /* create new bridge
device     */
</stuff>

This line I grabbed from my non-xen-based laptop running on

<uname>
Linux nonxenmachine 2.6.20-gentoo-r7 #3 PREEMPT Fri May 4 11:03:57
CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux
</uname>

What does this mean? Can you give me a short explanation? Do I need
to update my kernel? Is it possible to use a precompiled version of
libvirt from a similar system?

Thanks,

	Jan