[Libvir] The fist problem to compile libvirt in a Debian etch.

Marco Sinhoreli msinhore at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:30:56 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I'm writing a how-to about libvirt compilation in Debian Etch. Well, I tried
to compile version 0.1.11 in a Debian etch completly newly built from
debootstrap. These are the steps that I took:
----- init commands
apt-get install make gcc
# cd /usr/src && wget
http://libvirt.org/sources/libvirt-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz&& tar -xzvf
libvirt-cvs-snapshot.tar.gz
# cd libvirt-0.1.11
# ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
# tail config.log
#define PACKAGE "libvirt"
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#define VERSION "0.1.11"

configure: exit 77
----- finish commands

I don't know what's the problem.  Ideas please...

thanks

--
Marco Sinhoreli