[Libvir] The fist problem to compile libvirt in a Debian etch.

Marco Sinhoreli msinhore at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:57:57 UTC 2007

Hello Richard,

I tried with debian do it. In command autogen.sh return it:

$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local --enable-compile-warnings=error
--enable-debug=yes
[...]
./configure: line 20698: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBXML,'
./configure: line 20698: `    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBXML, libxml-2.0 >=
$LIBXML_MIN_VERSION,'

I read the 'configure' shell script code and in release 0.1.11 the libxml
section is different. I know that if I comment this entry I run this scrtipt
without errors but it isn't elegant :-)

Thanks Richard,

regards

--