[Libvir] [RFC] Life-cycle Management of the domain take2

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri May 11 12:33:57 UTC 2007

Saori Fukuta wrote:
> Why I did not use virDomainGetXMLDesc and virDomainDefineXML was some elements
> ware lost in current XML.
> For example, there is no "vncpasswd", "cpus", "localtime" in XML configuration
> with virDomainGetXMLDesc. So when I set the "vncpasswd" the "vncpasswd" will
> disappear after I define the XML configuration.

It sounds to me like the real solution would be to either fix
virDomainGetXMLDesc to return these missing fields, or add another call
to get them, or (for the password) to store it elsewhere.

How about loading the original config XML and the XML from the running
domain (virDomainGetXMLDesc), and then updating the config XML with only
certain fields from the running domain?

Rich.

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom.  Registered in England and
Wales
under Company Registration No. 03798903