[Libvir] [RFC] Device attach/detach on virsh

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri May 11 18:16:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 06:42:10PM +0900, Masayuki Sunou wrote:
> Hi
>
> I understood as follows.
>
> * There is no problem in a proposal 1 and a proposal 2
> * It is better that the user can choose use of XML and use of command-option
>   by the situation
>
> Therefore, I want to add both proposal 1 and proposal 2 to virsh.
> There is no problem in this opinion?
>
> And, I am going to correct about naming.
>  vif --> interface
>  vbd --> disk

 That would be excellent !
Jet-lag and lack of sleep made me confuse the vif and vbd in the name with
actual arguments. Changing the names is fine, maybe we can get better
words: maybe add-netif/remove-netif instead of just using 'interface'
which is very generic, and maybe using add-block/remove-block instead of
disk, some devices may actually not be disk (e.g. tape drive), but it's
just a minor suggestion.

  thanks a lot !