[Libvir] QEMU without KVM

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu May 17 19:25:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 03:19:33PM -0400, Steven W. Moyer wrote:
> > What is the error ? Is there anything in /root/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log
> > after the crash.
>
> This hasn't solved the problem with virt-manager (and children) crashing when I click in a child window (just DSL for now).  The error messages are a bit cleaner now that the networking issue if fixed (and I guess we know they're not related).  Here's what shows up on the console:
>
> smoyernew images # virt-manager
> process 5225: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such file or directory
> See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
>   D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
> Aborted

The word 'Aborted' is the key there. We call the DBus library, but it
is hitting a fatal error during its initialization & aborting the entire
process. That's not something we can work around in virt-manager :-(

Really need to figure out why dbus isn't setup correctly on this
machine. On Fedora systems that directory is created automatically by
the RPM install

$ rpm -qf /var/lib/dbus/
dbus-1.0.1-12.fc6

Dan.