[Libvir] Debian package structure

Marco Sinhoreli msinhore at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:52:18 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> > hello all,
> >
> > I have been worked in libvirt, virt-manager and virtinst packages to
> > Debian for a weeks. Packages are now stabilized. Following below  the
> > /debian directories structure for analise.
> > * libvirt:
> > svn co http://svn.mussicorp.net/projetos/src/xen/libvirt/trunk/
>
> In debian/rules you shouldn't need this any longer (with latest CVS):
>
> export CFLAGS += -fno-stack-protector

I know it is fixed for libvirt, but it is nedded to fix virt-manager too.
That's why I keep it in this package.

> * Virt-manager:
> > svn co
> >
> http://svn.mussicorp.net/projetos/src/xen/virt-manager/virt-manager/trunk/
>
> Shouldn't virt-manager Depends: on python-libvirt and virtinst?

My fault. I'll fix it.

It should probably Build-Depends: on (eg) cdbs too, since firstly you're
> using cdbs in debian/rules, and secondly virt-manager isn't pure Python
> - it contains a C-based widget.

 okay. I'll pay attention on that.

Not clear what the postrm was for.  Is there configuration kept in
> /usr/share/virt-manager?

My fault. I'll checked it.

Thanks