[Libvir] Preliminary packages for libvirt on Debian

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 10:04:51 UTC 2007

These are preliminary packages for libvirt 0.3.3 on Debian.  The libvirt
package is derived from the one in Ubuntu, originally packaged by Andrew
Mitchell.

Xen
---

Unfortunately a patch is needed to the base Xen package in Debian, so
that it includes the header files needed by libvirt.  Doubly
unfortunately because of the strange way that Xen is packaged in Debian
it isn't possible to modify the changelog (therefore the version or
release number) without some voodoo which I don't understand[1].  So the
version here has the same version/release as the one currently in Debian
testing.  As a result you'll have to manually install it using dpkg.

Binary for i386:

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/xen-docs-3.1_3.1.1-1_all.deb
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/xen-hypervisor-3.1-1-i386_3.1.1-1_i386.deb
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/xen-hypervisor-3.1-1-i386-nonpae_3.1.1-1_i386.deb
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/xen-utils-3.1-1_3.1.1-1_i386.deb

Patch required to get the right header files:

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/debian-xen-includes.patch

libvirt
-------

Source:

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt_0.3.3-1.diff.gz
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt_0.3.3-1.dsc
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt_0.3.3-1_i386.changes
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt_0.3.3.orig.tar.gz

Binary for i386:

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt0_0.3.3-1_i386.deb
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt-bin_0.3.3-1_i386.deb
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/libvirt-dev_0.3.3-1_i386.deb
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/debian-libvirt/python-libvirt_0.3.3-1_i386.deb

virt-install & virt-manager

I'm working on these, although I managed to "brick" my Debian install
because of some stupidity in pycentral ...

Rich.

[1] See this thread for the full details:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-xen-devel/2007-November/001506.html