[Libvir] PATCH: 1/4: Cleanup remote dispatch legacy code

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Nov 15 21:34:33 UTC 2007

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:

> This patch simply cleans up some legacy code which was choosing between
> the QEMU driver protocol, and the generic remote protocol. There is no
> ABI wire change there - just tidying up the structs we use internally.
>
>  a/qemud/protocol.c      |   17 --------------
>  a/qemud/protocol.h      |   39 --------------------------------
>  a/qemud/protocol.x      |   40 ---------------------------------
>  qemud/Makefile.am       |    5 ----
>  qemud/internal.h        |    1
>  qemud/qemud.c           |   57 +++++++++++++++---------------------------------
>  qemud/remote.c          |    2 -
>  qemud/remote_protocol.h |    1
>  qemud/remote_protocol.x |    3 ++
>  src/Makefile.am         |    1

Hi Dan,

This looks fine to me.
In case it helps, here's a ChangeLog entry:

	Cleanup remote dispatch legacy code.
	* qemud/Makefile.am: Remove protocol.[chx] from EXTRA_DIST.
	  Remove protocol.h and protocol.c from libvirtd_SOURCES.
	  Remove protocol.c dependency.
	* qemud/protocol.c, qemud/protocol.h, qemud/protocol.x: Remove files.
	* qemud/internal.h: Don't include "protocol.h".
	* qemud/qemud.c: Clean up qemudDispatchClientRead.
	s/QEMUD_PKT_HEADER_XDR_LEN/REMOTE_MESSAGE_HEADER_XDR_LEN/
	* qemud/remote.c: In remoteDispatchClientRequest, reflect that the
	client buffer no longer starts with the 4-byte XDR header length.
	* qemud/remote_protocol.h: Regenerate.
	* qemud/remote_protocol.x: Define REMOTE_MESSAGE_HEADER_XDR_LEN.
	* src/Makefile.am: Remove protocol.h, protocol.c from SERVER_SOURCES.