[Libvir] remote access ?

Mark Johnson johnson.nh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:36:35 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> The remote_protocol.c/h  files are generated from remote_protocol.x
> using rpcgen. That said, we actually distribute the generated files
> and keep them in CVS, since the protocol doesn't change & we prefer
> to have known tested code, rather than whatever rpcgen decides to
> generate per OS. If you do see problems it could of course be a bug
> in the rpcgen tool we used, so may be worth deleting the .c/h files
> and seeing if the Solaris rpcgen does a better job.

Haven't gotten to that part yet.. :-)

Right now, I'm trying to do a simple tcp connect on my fedora 7 box
to my fedora 7 box (with 0.3.2). I'm not sure why the following is
not working?  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

[root at fedora ~]# cat /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
listen_tcp=1
tcp_port="16509"
root at fedora ~]# /etc/init.d/libvirtd stop
Stopping libvirtd daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
[root at fedora ~]# /etc/init.d/libvirtd start
Starting libvirtd daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
[root at fedora ~]# virsh connect xen+tcp://localhost
libvir: Remote error : Connection refused
error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
[root at fedora ~]# virsh list --all
 Id Name                 State