[Libvir] Problems with defineXML in python..

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 08:03:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:20:27PM -0600, Mark Dehus wrote:
> I am having some problems getting libvirt under python to work properly.
> I can setup new domains by using the createLinux() function, but when I
> attempt to use defineXML() it fails with no reason given other then
> "virDomainDefineXML() failed".  I am using the same XML file for both
> functions.
>
> This is on a Ubuntu 7.04 server running python 2.5 & libvirt 0.1.8 (from
> the ubuntu universe repo).

  Could you please update to the current release (0.3.3), this seems a bit
of a lost cause to try to debug bugs which may as well have been fixed for
one year (0.1.8 was released Oct 16 2006).
  There have been so many fixes since then it really doesn't make sense
to try to look at the problem without an update first.