[Libvir] Creating a Domain

chetan saundankar chetan.virtual at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:15:04 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I am new to Libvirt. I have few questions on how to create a guest domain
using libvirt,
1. I want to create a guest and say install FC6 in it. Can it be done using
"virDomainCreate" or "virDomainCreateLinux" calls? and specifying iso image
in Domain description XML e.g.

<disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
      <source file='/root/chelsea/fc6-x86.iso'/>
      <target dev='hdc'/>
      <readonly/>
</disk>

2. In the Domain Description XML for Fully virtualized guests there is
<uuid> tag so if the above mentioned method is used to create guests then is
it the callers responsibility to provide a unique uuid?

Thanks
Chetan

 <http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainCreate>