[Libvir] read-only git mirror of libvirt CVS repository

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Fri Oct 26 19:06:49 UTC 2007

Jim Paris <jim at jtan.com> wrote:
> Jim Paris wrote:
>> Jim Meyering wrote:
>> > Thanks.  I've added -k, since libvirt has at least 8 files with $Id[*],
>> > but don't seem to need the '-o master' -- at least not the way I'm pushing
>> > the result afterwards.  Do you need it, with a recent version of git?
>>
>> Probably not.  I was new to git-cvsimport and don't know why I added it :)
>
> Actually I take that back, it seems you do.  Dan's latest commit
> didn't make it to your master branch, only origin:
>   http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libvirt.git;a=shortlog
>   http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libvirt.git;a=shortlog;h=origin

Well spotted.  That may have been due to my using a git-cvsimport
from git-1.5.2.4, which is relatively old, in git development terms.
I've taken the opportunity to upgrade git on the server to 1.5.3.4,
and added "-o import" to be doubly sure.

Fixing that required me to regenerate the repository,
so if you have a clone already, easiest may be to just remove
it an clone another.