[Libvir] PATCH: 4/7 remote protocol & server impl

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 10:29:43 UTC 2007

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This patch defines the remote wire protocol for serializing all the storage API calls.
> There are 15 new calls for storage pools, and 9 calls for storage volumes. The style
> is following that of the network API calls. The serialization of virStorageVolPtr is
> slightly more complicated, because it has to have a nested virStoragePoolPtr serialized
> alongside it.

As a general comment, I don't think it's worth implementing the remote
part of any patch before the local parts have been reviewed and accepted
in principle.  The remote work should just be a mechanical
implementation (except for features which someone depend on remote,
which from my brief look this one doesn't).  The disadvantage of doing
all the remote stuff early is it makes the patch as a whole much harder
to change.

Rich.