[Libvir] PATCH 1/5: Use pkg-config for libxml

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 21:31:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 05:39:09PM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:32:35AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >   In the case of libvirt though we may conclude that we target only OSes
> > where pkg-config is set up, could someone clarify to me the status of
> > pkg-config (at least for libxml2) on:
> >      - Solaris (I guess yes)
>
> We have .pc files:
>
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pc
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxslt.pc
>
> What else is changed to use pkgconfig here? Coverage is a little spotty
> in places (but we should fix that)

Of the series of patches I sent we'll have libxml, gnutls, avahi and PolicyKit.
The latter two will simply be disabled if not found. We need to make it
possible to disable gnutls too, but that's more extensive work that I've
got time for just now. Following IRC discussions with Daniel I'm also revising
my libxml patch so it will use pkg-config, but still fallback to xml-config

Dan.