[Libvir] RFC PATCH - Initial NodeGetCellsFreeMemory patch

beth kon eak at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 20 21:10:49 UTC 2007

Here is my first pass at a patch for accessing the available memory
associated with each NUMA cell through libvirt.

The initial framework patch provided by Daniel Veillard is a prereq of
this patch:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-September/msg00069.html

I have not yet tested this. I'm just distributing for comments.

A few comments/questions:
1) I think I got the versioning stuff right but that deserves a close look.
2) In Daniel's patch, libvirt.h and libvirt.h.in were identical. I
assumed the patch would be before running autogen.sh, and only contain
changes in libvirt.h.in, so that's how I did mine.  Let me know if I
misunderstand something here.
3) I had to put #ifdef PROXY around calls to virXenErrorFunc in
xenHypervisorNodeGetCellsFreeMemory to get this to build. I haven't
figured out how the proxy code works so am not sure if this is the right
approach.

--
Elizabeth Kon (Beth)
IBM Linux Technology Center