[Libvir] patch: Domain.free() in Ruby bindings

Vadim Zaliva lord at crocodile.org
Tue Apr 1 17:04:35 UTC 2008

Attached patch adds new method free() to Domain class. Invocation of
this method
calls virDomainFree(). After this call, all other calls to this domain
object would
fail.

The purpose of this patch is to solve problem caused by libvirt
caching, when creation
of new domain from XML is re-using previous definition with the same
name, if domain
object associated with older definition have not been yet freed by
Ruby garbage collector
(see previous discussion in this mailing list for details).

Sincerely,
Vadim Zaliva

P.S. I think Python bindings will need similar method as well.

P.P.S. I have tested this patch, and I can see that it solves the
problem I was facing.