[Libvir] FYI: Reporting 'upstream' bugs for libvirt & virt tools

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 14:15:58 UTC 2008

This is a quick mail to let people know of a new bug reporting policy for
virtualization related tools.

 1. Only, if you are using binary RPMs from official Fedora repositories,
    bugs should be reported under the 'Fedora' product, with the component
    matching the RPM you're reporting against:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora

 2. For all other cases. ie If you are using self-built binaries, or
    checkouts from the source repos, or forwarding bugs from a non-Fedora
    distribution, then use the generic 'Virtualization Tools' product:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Virtualization%20Tools

    This is our master 'upstream' bug tracking product now.

This is important because Fedora recently instituted a number of bug house
keeping policies against things under 'Fedora', which may result in your
bugs being incorrectly closed. Using  'Virtualization Tools' product in
bugzilla ensures we can distinguish upstream bugs from Fedora bugs.

This applies to the following applications:

    libvirt
    virt-df
    virt-manager
    virt-p2v