[Libvir] <model>e1000</model> - Specifying model in XML Configs

Henri Cook henri at theplayboymansion.net
Mon Apr 7 21:51:56 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I just tried to port a few customers over to this libvirt setup i'm
hoping to run and I couldn't get their machines started because there's
no mechanism to specify a model in the XML!

I know redhat have changed KVM's default driver to e1000, which I think
is the one I like the most and almost if not all of my VMs use. Ubuntu
haven't done that yet however!

Is there a model directive in the latest version? In the works? Just so
I know which solution I should pursue (updating libvirt or harassing
ubuntu to change the default)

Thanks,

Henri