[Libvir] <model>e1000</model> - Specifying model in XML Configs

Henri Cook henri at theplayboymansion.net
Tue Apr 8 11:41:28 UTC 2008

Sorry - I tried to make a patch, but it appears it makes libvirtd
segfault (it starts but when i try to use virsh -c qemu:///system create
vm.cfg it segfaults).

Also - when building my own copy of libvirt - I can connect via virsh -c
qemu:///system, but just 'virsh' says it cannot connect to the
hypervisor - any idea what could cause that? I'm root at the time

As I said, my C-fu is weak - it's probably not useable, if anyone feels
really generous i'd appreciate some criticism, otherwise probably best
if one of you guys made it :p

I think for the meantime i'm going to hard code model=e1000 into my
build, since all my VMs will use that (no windows ones)

Henri