[Libvir] Documentation for virConnectOpenAuth

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Apr 13 15:25:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 09:19:16AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Documentation for virConnectOpenAuth is a bit light at the moment.  I
> found:
> http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virConnectOpenAuth
> http://libvirt.org/auth.html
>
> This is the most serious omission from the documentation:
> http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virConnectAuthCallbackPtr
>
> virConnectAuthPtrDefault is a default implementation of the callback
> that you should use for command-line tools.  It's used in virsh.c.
> It's not documented at all, but the source for it (in libvirt.c) does
> give a little bit of guidance.
>
> Anyway, as long as there isn't some font of documentation for this
> call which I've missed, I'll have a go at writing some while I write
> the OCaml binding.

There's probably only the descriptions in the mailing list discussions
at the time we designed the API. Let me know if there's any Q's I can
answer.

The virt-manager source gives an alternate illustration of how to use
the auth method from a GUI app

Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston   -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|