[Libvir] PATCH: Support serial & parallel devices in QEMU driver

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Apr 15 22:05:46 UTC 2008

Quoting "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>:

Cool stuff. I've not read the patch because it's quite big but I've
got a couple of questions:

>  - Run a TCP  server and wait for clients to connect, using telnet
>    protocol over wire:
>
>     <serial type='tcp'>
>       <source mode='bind' host='127.0.0.1' service='9999' wiremode='telnet'/>
>       <target port='0'/>
>     </serial>
>
>  - Run a TCP client connecting to a remote host to send data in
>    raw format:
>
>     <serial type='tcp'>
>       <source mode='connect' host='127.0.0.1' service='9999' wiremode='raw'/>
>       <target port='0'/>
>     </serial>

1) Is any of those two an implementation of RFC 2217? ("Telnet Com
Port Control Option")

2) Will all this serial port "flavors" be available for all drivers
(qemu, kvm, xen, etc) or will they all be available for Xen, then only
some for the other drivers?

Thank you.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles