[Libvir] MinGW patch

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 08:07:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 03:56:39PM +0900, Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi, Rich
>
> I have 2 questions about MinGW fixes.
> (It has already committed, sorry for delaying)
>
> 1)src/storage_driver.c patch
>   I think storage_driver.c is not compiled on MinGW.
>   So It should remove HAVE_PWD_H in src/storage_driver.c

Sure, but I left this one in because there may be other platforms
which lack <pwd.h> which would need this.

In theory every header of this type should be defended with #ifdef
.. #endif

> 2)src/util.c patch
>   I think sys/wait.h(waitpid) has not supported on MinGW.
>   So I think it should add check (HAVE_SYS_WAIT_H)
>   on waitpid() to avoid compilation warnings.

OK thanks.  This compiles for me, but I agree that if a version of
MinGW doesn't support waitpid we should either find an alternate way
or find some way to comment that out.  Do you have any suggested
Windows/MinGW patches?

FWIW it looks like I'm going to use the cross-compiler approach to
build libvirt for Windows in future because I don't have the time or
energy to maintain a running copy of Windows itself.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top