[Libvir] Integrating NetApp/Solaris iSCSI highlevel facilities

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 28 20:51:16 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have just finished some scripts that allows 'native Xen' to use some
facilities of NetApp. Basically using a vfiler, and a q-tree Xen can be
provisioned. Allowing: netapp://customer/disk

Some scripts can be found here:
http://kinkrsoftware.nl/contrib/xen/

I wonder if people are already working on the libvirt storage side to
support 'remote' highlevel filesystems. For example ZFS or NetApp storage
machines could benefit from an easy interface.

Currently I'm building these 'block' scripts because they give
straightforward facities to my setup. But if anyone wants to team up to
get this all inside some more abstract libvirt setup I would happy to
join.

Stefan