[Libvir] <model>e1000</model> - Specifying model in XML Configs

Henri Cook henri at theplayboymansion.net
Tue Apr 8 09:19:02 UTC 2008

I've made a hack for this in the meantime that adds the <model></model>
option to the <interface> section and allows me to pass in any string
for addition - since I really wanted this functionality. Obviously this
means i'm now compiling my Ubuntu package from source which isn't ideal,
it'll probably get overwritten by apt at any moment :o

Also, i got in a bit of a pickle last night which I had to reboot to fix:

root at mintaka:~# /usr/sbin/libvirtd -d
libvir: QEMU error : cannot create bridge 'virbr0' : File exists
Failed to autostart network 'default': cannot create bridge 'virbr0' :
File exists

Is there a way to fix this without rebooting? ifconfig virbr0 0.0.0.0
down && brctl delbr virbr0 - doesn't seem to be enough, what did I miss?

On the <model> options - an error message does seem like the best
option: with model=foo in the -net options

qemu: Unsupported NIC: foo

I'd love to put all that in myself but my C-fu is seriously limited - I
can only do simple work without more time to learn things properly, like
adding things to the XML based on all the previous examples *g*

Cheers,

Henri