[Libvir] new ruby error handling

Vadim Zaliva lord at crocodile.org
Fri Apr 11 06:28:12 UTC 2008

I have a dumb question about new error handling. What is the rationale
for using
'libvirt_message' instead of 'message' in new Libvirt Ruby error
classes?
Here is an example of code I am writing:

   rescue SystemCallError
    	process($!.message)
   rescue Libvirt::Error
    	process($!.libvirt_message)

instead of, shorter:

   rescue Libvirt::Error, SystemCallError
    	process($!.message)

In reality, my rescue classes are bit longer, so the code gets hairy.
Wouldn't it be better to use standard 'message' attribute instead?

Sincerely,
Vadim

--
"La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter, mais
quand il ne reste rien a enlever."  (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)