[Libvir] PATCH: Support serial & parallel devices in QEMU driver

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Apr 17 12:49:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:53:25PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> A long time ago I proposed a syntax for serial / parallel port handling
> in libvirt XML.

  Patch looks good to me +1

> +    if (def->nserials == 0) {
> +        obj = xmlXPathEval(BAD_CAST "/domain/devices/console", ctxt);
> +        if ((obj != NULL) && (obj->type == XPATH_NODESET) &&
> +            (obj->nodesetval != NULL) && (obj->nodesetval->nodeNr == 1)) {

  just a small suggestion, use "/domain/devices/console[1]" in case someone
duplicates the <console/> tags

  Also I think adding a new section in the XML format description need
to be added to the documentation. Just a copy of the mail explanations
would be sufficient, plus one example in the full domain context.

  thanks !