[Libvir] Adding devices to a vm using virsh

Gabriel Kaufmann Gabriel.Kaufmann at ericom.com
Mon Apr 21 09:53:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

I need to be able to attach a PCI device to an existing machine.
I know that in Xen's configuration file we need to add a line
PCI=[....]
The problem is that I didn't find any documentation on what the parametes are.

When looking at virsh, there's an 'attach' function, but the only documented devices are disk and Ethernet card.

Does anyone knows what is the format for adding a generic PCI card (or specifically, a Teradici card) using virsh attach

Best Regards,

Gabriel Kaufmann
Software Engineer
Gabriel.Kaufmann at ericom.com<mailto:Gabriel.Kaufmann at ericom.com>

Ericom Software
Tel (Dir): +972 2 591 1700 Ext 754
Tel (Main): +972 2 591 1700
http://www.ericom.com

Access Done Right
Empower Enterprise-Wide Access to Microsoft(r) Terminal Server, Virtual Desktops and Legacy Applications