[Libvir] PATCH: Re-structuring the libvirt.org website content

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 16:30:52 UTC 2008

 Oops, sorry resent, I forgot to Cc: the CIM list,

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 07:47:08PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

  In a nutshell, fantastic, I like this a lot !

>   - There is a page describing all applications using libvirt as their API
>
>      http://berrange.fedorapeople.org/libvirt/website-demo/apps.html
>
>     Shout if you have more applications you want added to this page...

  We need to add the CIM provider for libvirt http://libvirt.org/CIM/
CC'ing the CIM mailing-list as they will be impacted by this, an update
of their site would make sense to keep the harmony.

>   - Linked to the new wiki site, and added seemless integration betweeen
>     the wiki navigation & styling, and the main site.

   adding the Wiki is important, thanks, but I don't see the integration,
c.f. http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Main_Page , what did I missed ?

>   - There is a new updated CSS graphic design - I can't take credit for
>     that - it is from mockups done by one of the Red Hat designers.

  I like the design, just a couple of nits, the fonts are a bit small
and when going to the API page it looks a bit bizarre.

> Again, if all this is too much to take in, just go straight to the sitemap
> page on the demo site and click around...

  For the API page, I would be a bit conservative, first because I hate when
URLs for documentation break, second because it's part of the search index
under the API, and as such the entries from the PHP or the database would have
to be shuffled if you break the pages.
  Another thing to verify is that the indexer which fills up the database
on libvirt.org/xmlsoft.org for the search works well with the new set of pages,
I think that's okay but will have to be tested once we change the main site,

  still I like this a lot :-)