[libvirt] dnsmasq option in network XML file

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 09:06:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 01:54:08PM +0200, Didier AYLLON wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to configure in the network XML file
> more option than DHCP range like default gateway, static route, dns and so
> on...

The networking feature is designed specifically to only provide 3 types of
networking, an  isolated network, a NAT based network, and a routed network.

It is possible to specify DHCP ranges. The default gateway for the virtual
network is the IP address specified in the XML file on <ip> tag. DNS & DHCP
is handled automatically dnsmasq. For details on the XML format see

http://libvirt.org/formatnetwork.html