[libvirt] breaking out of virsh console?

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 14 22:14:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 02:26:57PM -0400, Andrew Cathrow wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 11:23 -0700, Schroeder, Paul wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all...
> > >
> > > In my VM's inittab, I set agetty to run on ttyS0 so I could do "virsh
> > > console myvm" and log in from the host machine's command line.  It works
> > > perfectly.  Trouble is, I don't know how to break out of it to get back
> > > to the command line on my host.  I've only been able to do so by killing
> > > the virsh process.  There's gotta be a better way..  Right?
> > >

> > ctrl + ]
>
> Patches to add documentation to this effect in the virsh.pod man page
> and / or website HTML pages are welcomed :-)

With respect to this. Does anyone have a pam configuration to connect to
vm (vm at shellhost)? My current plan is to extend my mDNS based libvirt
implementation with one login server that is able to connect to any of my
other nodes in the network. But if anyone has something I can base a PAM
configuration on I'm happy to reuse it :)

Stefan