[libvirt] Error compiling libvirt 0.4.4

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 14:24:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:25:44AM -0300, Everton P. Alexandre wrote:
> I managed to do the installation!!! But now, when I
> try to use the virsh or to execute a program, the
> following message appear:
>
> libvir: Remote error : No such file or directory
> libvir: warning : Failed to find the network: Is the
> daemon running?

So as the message says, you need to run the daemon (libvirtd).  Well,
truthfully you don't _need_ to run it, unless you want certain
features like remote access, managed networks or QEMU support.

If you've got libvirtd running but you still get that message,
then it'll probably be either a security or a paths problem.
  http://libvirt.org/remote.html

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 64 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)