[libvirt] PATCH: Fix setting of bridge forward-delay

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 11:25:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 06:55:32AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 11:46:59AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > The libvirt virtual networking  allows setting of the forward-delay
> > parameter. This is the delay the kernel inserts before it starts
> > forwarding traffic when a guest VIF is added to a bridge. The default
> > network config sets this to zero, and previously we had a bug where
> > we accidentally called brSetForwardDelay() based on the STP parameter
> > which was zero, so we did in fact have a forward delay of 0 as desired.
> [...]
> > -    if (network->def->delay &&
> > -        (err = brSetForwardDelay(driver->brctl, network->def->bridge, network->def->delay))) {
> > +    if ((err = brSetForwardDelay(driver->brctl, network->def->bridge, network->def->delay))) {
> >          qemudReportError(conn, NULL, NULL, VIR_ERR_INTERNAL_ERROR,
> >                           _("failed to set bridge forward delay to %ld"),
> >                           network->def->delay);
>
>   Oh ! Sure +1 !
> BTW you're hinting at a new release and I agree, the last push was June 25
> it was a good release but it sounds like time to make a new push.
> Should we wait for the LXC refactoring ? Anything else waiting ?

The Xen & QEMU refactoring needs more testing - we've had a good few
bug reports about it this week, and I'm sure there's more pending.

Also, since the LXC and OpenVZ drivers are now on by default we need
to finish porting them to the new XML routines so they are compliant
with the official XML schema.