[libvirt] "static" ip address

Olivier Deckmyn olivier at deckmyn.org
Tue Aug 12 16:49:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 09:32:06PM +0200, Olivier Deckmyn wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Mads Chr. Olesen <shiyee at shiyee.dk>
> wrote:

> > > This has been discussed previously, see
> > > https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-April/msg00327.html
> > >

> > Could someone please commit this patch, allowing libvirt to handle
> dnsmasq?

Many thanx for replying to my mail.

>   Small reality check for you:
>    - did you try to apply it ? doesn't work: that code has completely
> changed

Yes I did try. But I'm not fluent at all with C (I speak Python), and
could'nt apply most part of patches, even by hand.

>    - did you see the "I haven't had the time to clean it up properly" in
> the

Yes I did. "clean" seems, from my lazy chair, a simple operation. Sorry if I
made a mistake on this.
I know pretty well open-source communities, and I know it's not easy (read :
boring) to have an external guy claiming for a feature. I wish I could help
more :(

>    - libvirt *do* use dnsmasq

Yes, and it's the nice news :)

> That said I'm working on a new version of the patch which would be adequate

Thanx a lot.

> I hope for inclusion, but complaints like this are counter productive and
> suggestion to blindly apply patches without making sure they work and that
> the code is in sane state are just improper, sorry !

If I'm the one supposed to complain, I'm really you felt that :( I never
thought my reply would be counter-productive. I'm really willing to help :(

Once again, if I can do anything to help, I will.

Thanx.

Olivier.