[libvirt] Question about html file in docs

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 09:54:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:35:04AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:34:33AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:56:00AM +0900, Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I think html files in docs directory are redundunt.
> > > It is because html file is created by html.in.
> > > May I remove these files?
> >
> >  No
> >
> > > Or are there any reason about staying these files?
> >
> >  Because the web site is a CVS checkout of the docs/ subdir
>
> Could the cron script which updates the CVS checkout simply run 'make'
> in the docs/ directory ?  It already has to run a couple of scripts
> to re-generate the NEWS & ChangeLog.html files on every checkout

  Well I dislike the idea that the correctness of the website is
dependant on the ability to rebuild libvirt on the box, this is
RHEL4, autogen/configure may fail, NEWS and ChangeLog.html are not
crucial, but I would like to be sure the site content stay okay
even in case of troubles on the box.

  And really Atsushi should not see diffs like this,