[libvirt] Re: virsh/virt-install for dummies

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 16:30:49 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:23:15PM -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> However, the root cause is that your capabilities xml is screwy
>> (posted a few messages back.) There is only a <domain> element
>> for x86_64 qemu but you're host arch is reported as i686.
>
> That's perfectly valid. It merely means he's got the qemu-system-x86_64
> binary installed on an i686 host. ie QEMU emulating x86_64 arch. Slow
> as treacle.
>
> Daniel

Right, the caps xml isn't busted because there is a <guest>
element for the x86_64 emulator, it's busted because there
is _only_ a <domain> element for that emulator. AFAIK
every <guest> piece should have at least one <domain>
piece so that we know what domain type we can use that
emulator for, yet Jun's capabilities have all the qemu
emulators listed and only one <domain> element among
them.

- Cole