[libvirt] A laundry list of "TODO" items for libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 14:45:10 UTC 2008

A bunch of us at Red Hat  had a bit of a brainstorming session to make a
list of things we'd like to see added to libvirt going forward, to better
support our needs for virtualization in Fedora / oVirt. We've put details
of everything up on the libvirt wiki:

   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Todo

This list isn't a firm commitment to actually implement these features.
We may later decide that some of them don't belong in libvirt (eg, the
question of allowing multiu-thread access to virConnectPtr is open to
debate). Nor have we got people actually working on these items - unless
explicitly noted against a todo item.  If anyone is looking to do work
on libvirt and isn't sure of what to work on, this list may be of interest.

Also, this is a wiki, so feel free to add more ideas - or add expanded
details to existing ideas. Or reply to this mail, and one of us will
add new ideas to the wiki for you

The only request is that you don't actually start implementing things from
the list without first discussing proposals on this list, because most of
these ideas need more design / analysis before its reasonable to write
code