[libvirt] KVM/qemu: problems with autostart of vms with non-bridged nets

Gerd v. Egidy lists at egidy.de
Mon Dec 1 10:42:28 UTC 2008

> > I came up with the attached patch to fix this for me, but
> > a) I'm not sure if it is a clean use of the api to call virConnectOpen()
> > from within a state-initializer function
> > b) This is just for qemu/kvm, I haven't looked at any other drivers
> >
> > It would be nice if an experienced libvirt-developer could take a look at
> > this. Thank you very much.
>
> Thanks for the bug report & patch.
>
> Did this patch actually make it work for you ?  AFAICT, there's a problem
> even earlier, which is that we are doing autostart of the virtual machines,
> before autostart of the networks and storage pools, so I'm not sure that
> this patch is sufficient.

This patch alone not, but this patch + the one in my first mail
(see https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-November/msg00457.html)
together make it work for me. The first patch fixes the autostart order, the
second one adds the necessary conn structure.

Kind regards,

Gerd

--
Address (better: trap) for people I really don't want to get mail from:
james at cactusamerica.com