[libvirt] libvirtd crashing with network bridge configuration

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 12:47:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 02:05:33AM +0100, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> Dear Developers, Users,
>
> I'm trying to package libvirt for our distribution, however, having some
> problems past the libvirt 0.4.3 series.  Everything compiles and installs
> fine.
>
> With versions above and including 0.5.1, I'm getting the following errors in
> the dmesg output:

The kernel bug traces aren't really helpful at finding out what's wrong
with libvirtd in userspace.

> ps ax shows the following output right after the service is started:
>
>  3605 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/libvirtd --daemon
>  3624 ?        Z      0:00 [libvirtd] <defunct>
>
> If I don't enable any network at  /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/autostart, then
> there's no error.

This suggest libvirtd itself is *not* crashing. Some process that
libvirtd runs is dieing - not sure which though.

Please kill all libvirtd  instances, and making sure you have compiled
with debugging info turned on (ie, '-g' compile flag), then run

 # valgrind /usr/sbin/libvirtd

And also try

  LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 /usr/sbin/libvirtd

and send the output for both of these.