[libvirt] Adding VirtualBox support to libvirt

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Dec 3 13:26:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 02:20:44PM +0100, Pritesh Kothari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of adding support for virtualbox in libvirt.
>
> Basically Virtualbox exports its API through XPCOM. Now to simplify
> things I was thinking of using C++ and already existing xpcom component
> in virtualbox but since libvirt exports C API i am not sure if i should
> use C++ or stick to plain C.
>
> I would like to request the libvirt community for its comment
> on this.

  please use plain C if you want the support to be incorporated,
check existing recent drivers code to see how to handle the XML format
parsing and saving, also make sure you don't need too much extra
libraries and that their Licence is compatible with the LGPL of libvirt
otherwise the code will be unusable in the end.

   thanks !