[Libvir] PATCH: 8/16: virsh convenience commands

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 11:18:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 04:35:19AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This patch adds 3 extra commands to virsh to allow storage pools
> and volumes to be defined & created without using XML. These have
> the names 'pool-define-as', 'pool-create-as', 'vol-create-as'.
> virsh will take the args to these commands and build suitable XML
> to pass into the libvirt APIs. This is a useful capability for
> people quickly shell scripting the virsh command, since they don't
> need to build up XML in the shell directly. In doing this we need
> to expose a couple of virBuffer* APIs to virsh. Turning these
> calls into macros exposed a couple of places where the existing
> code calls the virBufferVSprintf() function without actually having
> any va_args. These were turned int virBufferAdd calls instead.
>
>  buf.c               |   11 +
>  buf.h               |   12 +

  Hum, for virsh own use, i was tempted to suggest using an xmlBuffer
instead of virBuffer, since xmlBuffer functions are exported from
libxml2. But there is no xmlBufferVSprintf() or equivalent, just the
basic Add() , i'm a bit annoyed by exporting more of the internal functions
but I guess code coherency primes, so that's fine.

  okay, +1