[Libvir] default hypervisor selection

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 16:55:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 15:40 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >       Yes, you'd be trying to merge overlapping namespaces, but some ideas on
> > that front:
> >
> >   - If you simply prevent someone defining a VM using the same name as
> >     an existing VM defined via another driver, that gets you 90% there
>
> Which we're unable to prevent.

	I was talking about the trivial case - prevent a user from creating a
conflict using the default connection. That gets us the right thing in
at least 90% of use cases IMHO.

> We are fundamentally dealing with different
> namespaces with both 'name' and 'id' values - any attempt to merge them
> is doomed to failure.

	Yes, they are fundamentally different namespaces. But the fact that
they are fundamentally different namespaces is nothing but a hinderance
to users, and fudging an aggregation of these fundamentally different
namespaces should be both possible and beneficial to most users.

Cheers,
Mark.