[Libvir] Why QEMU?

Mikhail A. Pokidko mikhail.pokidko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:30:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 01:47:44PM +0300, Anton Protopopov wrote:
>  > When I executing virsh to connect to openvz I get the following:
>  > [root at localhost ~]# virsh -c openvz:///system
>  > libvir: QEMU error : cannot create bridge 'virbr0' : File exists
>  > Failed to autostart network 'default': cannot create bridge 'virbr0' :
>  > File existsWelcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.
>  > Type: 'help' for help with commands
>  > 'quit' to quit
>  > virsh #
>  > ...
>  > But I didn't want to connect to QEMU...
>
>  For reasons of history the qemu driver contains the network driver.

<skip/>

>  The network connection is entirely optional[1], which is why you get
>  the error above but your connection succeeds.
I think it`s reasonable to add some "supress errors" option to
%_sysconfdir/sysconfig/libvirtd.
At least to supress network errors.
I get similar errors.

[solar at nameless ~]$ sudo virsh -c openvz:///system
dnsmasq: cannot open or create lease file
/var/lib/lib/libvirt/dhcp-default.leases: No such file or directory
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

virsh #

<offtopic>
As i`ve almost sawed enough libvirtd to pack for ALTLinux, should i
send you ALT-specific init-script and|or specs?
</offtopic>
--
ALTLinux Team
xmpp: solar AT solar.net.ru