[Libvir] Repository for work-in-progress storage patches

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sat Jan 12 21:59:22 UTC 2008

Jim suggested that it might be useful for me to make a repository available
with my work-in-progress storage patches even if they're not ready to merge
just yet.

I work using a mercurial patch queue, which is basically a mercurial native
version of quilt.

The master HG repository is an automated sync of CVS -> HG:

   http://hg.berrange.com/libraries/libvirt--devel

The patch queue which applies ontop of this repo is:

   http://hg.berrange.com/libraries/libvirt--storage

To use this you would try the following

 1. Make sure the 'mg' extension is enabled in $HOME/.hgrc. You should have:

    $ cat $HOME/.hgrc
    [extensions]
    hgext.mq=

 2. Clone both repos in one go:

    hg qclone -p http://hg.berrange.com/libraries/libvirt--storage \
                 http://hg.berrange.com/libraries/libvirt--devel

 3. The local 'libvirt-storage' directory now contains the master repo,
    along with an embedded patch queue. You can view the patch queue:

    $ hg qseries
    ignore-rules
    misc-connection-hash
    misc-libvirt-debug
    misc-virsh-read-all
    misc-default-uri
    job-api
    job-virsh
    job-test-thread-safety
    job-test-driver
    storage-public-api
    storage-driver-api
    storage-remote-protocol
    storage-remote-driver
    storage-virsh
    storage-virsh-args
    storage-driver
    storage-examples
    storage-backend-helpers
    storage-backend-fs
    storage-backend-loop
    storage-backend-lvm
    storage-backend-iscsi
    storage-backend-disk
    storage-python-api
    misc-python-generator

 4. And you can apply / remove patches to/from the working directory with
    the 'hg qpush' and 'hg qpop' commands. 'hg qdiff' will show contents
    of the patches

    $ hg qpush
    applying ignore-rules
    Now at: ignore-rules

    $ hg qpush
    applying misc-connection-hash
    Now at: misc-connection-hash
    ....etc

When I've tidying up a few loose ends in the next few days I'll post the
current series with proper descriptions of each patch

Dan.