[Libvir] Re: OpenVZ XML

Shuveb Hussain shuveb at binarykarma.com
Wed Jan 16 08:49:49 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 1:04 PM, Mikhail A. Pokidko <mikhail.pokidko at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Hi, Shuveb,
> there is a whole bunch of questions!
>
> > Quota is not implemented as yet.
> As quota is not implemented yet i want to ask - what is the meaning of it?
> Is it analog of diskspace and diskinodes?

Yes Mikhail, it is the same as disk space and disk inodes.

> And what does <gateway> sets? OpenVZ always uses fake gw 192.0.2.1
> Question about <netmask> is connected with one above.

The gateway is not used. It is better to remove it!

> As i understand <name> means veid?
> Should <name> be exactly <name> as there is vzctl set --name? I think
> it can be misunderstood. Or is it a question of compatibility

We don't use OpenVZ names. They are not popular at all! Atleast, I
haven't really come across anybody who uses them. I wanted the XML to
look as close to the other XML formats used in libvirt. And everyone
calls OpenVZ VEs by their IDs. So I thought it was a good idea to use
the name as the ID. This makes it simple for administrators who want
to use the OpenVZ utilities if they want to.

Thanks,
--
Shuveb Hussain
B I N A R Y K A R M A