[Libvir] Repository for work-in-progress storage patches

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sat Jan 19 18:01:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 02:37:51PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> >>No it isn't an ABI change. The virDomainDestroy method has always
> >>behaved this way. I simply moved the calls to free out of the per
> >>driver destroy method, and into the top level libvirt.c destroy
> >>method to remove the need for drivers to re-implement this every
> >>time.
> >
> >Actually, no I take that back. The qemu driver always did this. The Xen
> >driver did not. So the QEMU driver is actually buggy. I'll remove this
> >free'ing of virDomainPtr from virDomainDestroy and fix the QEMU driver.
>
> Actually I think I'm getting confused now.
>
> The current (in CVS) documentation for virDomainDestroy &
> virNetworkDestroy documents that they free the object.  So bug in the
> Xen driver instead?

Well, personally I'll take actual application visible behaviour over
docs. The behaviour of the QEMU driver in free'ing the object is not
exposed to any apps, since QEMU driver is only acessed by the daemon,
and apps get to it indirectly via the remote driver. So if neither
the remote driver, nor Xen driver  free the objects that is a defacto
API contract regardless of docs.

Regards,
Dan.