[Libvir] Windows support document seems little bit old.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 11:19:27 UTC 2008

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi, Rich
>
> I am trying to build libvirt on Windows
> for checking Xen domain operation.
> I am doing this based on following instruction.
> http://libvirt.org/windows.html
>
> Anyway Your document seems old.
> since the suggest patch is already applied to libvirt itself.

Yes this document is out of date in several ways actually.  Firstly as
you rightly point out, all patches that you need are now integrated with
libvirt CVS.  You shouldn't need any extra patches now.  Secondly that
document refers to building libvirt using Cygwin.  I wouldn't recommend
using Cygwin -- instead you should use MinGW + MSYS.

Instructions for MinGW + MSYS are here:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-January/msg00017.html

> Is there any plan to update it?

Yes, it needs to be updated.