[Libvir] libvirt on OS X Leopard 10.5.1

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 23:39:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 05:32:33PM -0600, Schley Andrew Kutz wrote:

> Okay, the autogen.sh fails right off the bat. To get it working you
> have to edit it so that it checks the ld version with a '-V' instead
> of '--version' (OS X specific). Once you do that and run:
>
> ./autogen.sh --without-xen --without-qemu

Running autogen.sh requires that you have all optional software installed
and pkg-config files for them present. If you're missing any software then
it is unlikely to work. Rather than running autogen.sh on Mac OS, I'd
recommend running it on Linux and creating yourself a snapshot tar.gz.

  eg

      ./autogen.sh
      make dist

This should give you a libvirt-0.4.0.tar.gz containing a snapshot of CVS,
which you can the copy over to Mac OS & run configure normally as before.

I would point you at the snapshot tar.gz here, but it appears to be not
updated since September

  http://libvirt.org/downloads.html

Regards,
Dan.