[Libvir] libvirt on OS X Leopard 10.5.1

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 04:32:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:30:28PM -0600, Schley Andrew Kutz wrote:

> Unfortunately none of your suggestions work, and I also found this
> http://svn.pdos.csail.mit.edu/svn/uia/trunk/uia/?view=log&pathrev=885
>  (search for hyper) which suggests only 21 months ago that OS X does  not
> support hyper. However, this does not preclude Leopard supporting  it,
> although emperical evidence would suggest that support is still  lacking.

Ok, so if they really don't support hyper, then I've two final ideas,
the first of which will definitely work, but requires some coding on
our part. we define a new type

   typedef remote_int64 int[2];
   typedef remote_uint64 unsigned int[2];

and then replace all use of hyper/unsigned hyper with remote_int64
and remote_uint64. And define our own code to marshall this on/off
the wire. We'd merely have to take care to get the 2 bytes in the
correct order to match the current definition of hyper.

Other option is to not re-run rpcgen on Mac, and simply try and define
an impl for that missing  _xdr_quad_t function symbol so it links.

The latter might be simpler, but is a slightly evil hack..

Dan.